- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Graduate training desirable, but not required.
- Journalism training and/or experience preferred.
- Ability to convey complex scientific concepts in clear and entertaining prose for non-scientists.
- Interest in or basic knowledge of genetics and anthropology.
- Broad familiarity with different biological disciplines.
If you could only do one thing to this sentence, what would it be?Can you explain why there’s no gene for Crohn’s disease?If you know the answers to these questions, we want you to know this: 23andMe is looking to hire an editor who is adept with scientific copy and concepts. The Science Editor will edit copy generated by 23andMe scientists and science writers for grammar, style, scientific accuracy and clarity. The position requires both excellent editing skills and an ability to convey difficult scientific concepts for an audience that encompasses all levels of expertise.Qualifications:
/jobs/ (it’s listed under ‘Science’).