Over the summer 23andMe launched a new research initiative in collaboration with Pfizer to study Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
1. You have been diagnosed with Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis by a qualified physician.
2. Your willingness to submit a saliva sample for DNA testing and complete online surveys related to your condition.
3. You have access to the internet.
4. You are at least 6 years old (those under 18 require a parental consent to enroll).
5. You are not a current 23andMe customer.*
6. You reside in the United States.*If you are a current 23andMe customer, learn how you can participate here.
We’ve been encouraged by the numbers of people with IBD, who’ve already enrolled in the study, which will look more deeply at the role genetics and environment play in the condition.
It’s those individuals who are living with IBD – an umbrella diagnosis that includes both Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis – who have already taught us a lot about resilience.
We recently wrote about some of our favorite bloggers on the topic writing about the condition with both flair and humor.