Starting today, we are offering current 23andMe health service customers in the U.S. access to 23andMe+ Premium, a new annual membership. This membership provides customers with exclusive access to genetic reports, as well as new reports and features as they become available throughout the year. These additional benefits are on top of the initial set of genetic reports customers received when first purchasing their kit.
We’ve heard firsthand that customers want more ways to engage in their personal genetics journey. As science continually advances, we want to provide ongoing access to impactful new genetic health reports, and enhanced health and ancestry features.
Priced at $29 / year, 23andMe+ Premium will offer existing customers instant access to 10+ exclusive reports and features, including:
- Pharmacogenetics reports* — discover how your DNA may impact the way your body processes certain medications with three new Pharmacogenetics reports.
- Includes a Medicine Cabinet feature — simply type in your medication’s name to see if it is included in your Pharmacogenetics reports.
- Heart Health reports — learn how genetics may influence your likelihood of developing certain heart-related conditions like high blood pressure and atrial fibrillation.
- Migraine report (powered by 23andMe Research) — see if your genetics can increase your likelihood of experiencing migraine headaches and how to avoid certain triggers.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea report (powered by 23andMe Research) — learn if you have a greater chance of developing the condition based on your genetics and, if so, how you can take action.
- Enhanced Ancestry features — advanced filtering of DNA relatives and access to up to 3,500 more DNA relatives.
- Ongoing new reports and features — get even more personalized genetic reports and more actionable insights throughout the calendar year.
Existing Health + Ancestry Service customers on our v5 chip can join 23andMe+ Premium by visiting https://you.23andme.com/subscription/. In the coming months, new customers will be able to join 23andMe+ Premium when they purchase our health service. With more genetic reports, more health insights, and more features, we hope 23andMe+ Premium gives individuals the choice to help them discover even more about themselves. Health is in our DNA.
*The 23andMe PGS test uses qualitative genotyping to detect 6 variants in 3 genes in the genomic DNA of adults from saliva for the purpose of reporting and interpreting information about the processing of certain therapeutics to inform discussions with a healthcare professional. It does not describe if a person will or will not respond to a particular therapeutic and does not describe the association between detected variants and any specific therapeutic. Results should be confirmed in a clinical setting with independent genetic testing before taking any medical action. Warning: Test information should not be used to start, stop, or change any course of treatment and does not test for all possible variants that may affect metabolism or protein function. The PGS test is not a substitute for visits to a healthcare professional. Making changes to your current regimen can lead to harmful side effects or reduced intended benefits of your medication, therefore consult with your healthcare professional before taking any medical action. For a complete list of the 6 variants tested, visit Pharmacogenetics Important Test Information.