We know 23andMe customers want to access their genetic information and insights on whichever device they choose, so we’ve recently added an app to support the iPad.
The new iPad app is meant to meet growing demand from customers who want to access their genetic data while they’re away from their laptop or on the go. The iPad is an excellent device for kicking back and browsing all of the interesting reports, data, and charts available to 23andMe customers. 23andMe’s updated app makes wonderful use of the unique aspects and functionality of the tablet. Here are just a few examples:
- When viewing Ancestry Composition, the map of your ancestry is bigger, more interactive, and has excellent animations as you explore and dig into the data.
- When viewing DNA Relatives from the Connections tab, you’ll have full access to all of the filters and sorting needed to narrow in on the relative with whom you’re looking to connect.
- If you tap on a connection from your Connections list, the compare view contains more information at a glance and lets you quickly send messages back and forth from a sidebar.
Beyond the new iPad app, 23andMe has made many improvements to our mobile apps over the last few months including:
- Faster startup times
- An easy way to upload your profile photo using your phone.
- A new research dashboard, which makes it easier to view unique 23andMe Research discoveries
- A brand new Connections tab, where you can access your list of connections as well as DNA Relatives
These are just a few of the improvements we’re making to the mobile experience for customers. Stay tuned; there’s more to come.